Plumpton Parish Council
Plumpton Parish Council
Our Parish Council has the responsibility to ensure that all parishioners have a voice on issues great and small that affect them individually, and the parish as a whole.
World War 1 Centenary Event
Come and join the joint Plumpton and East Chiltington Centenary Remembrance on Sunday 11 November.
- Remembrance Service at All Saints Church at Plumpton Green – please arrive 10:45
- In Plumpton Village Hall there will be an exhibition about the soldiers connected to Plumpton and East Chiltington.
- For the younger members of the villages, there will be be a chocolate poppy hunt and Penny Poppies to lay out.
- On Plumpton Village Green there will be a Field of Remembrance for you to place wooden crosses in memory of family members.
- In the evening church bells will be rung out across the country at 7pm. At the same time, beacons will be lit. This national event includes the local beacons at Mount Harry and Ditchling. Please join a night walk to watch the lighting of the Hamsey & East Chiltington beacon at Mount Harry. Please arrive in time for a prompt 6pm start from the Half Moon
More details can be found in the November Parish magazine.
Proposed Gypsy and Traveller site
Consultation Reminder Update 29th October
A reminder that the consultation period ends one week from today on 5th November 2018. If residents wish to comment on the proposed site, they should do so via the consultation website,by email firstname.lastname@example.org ; or in writing to LDC. See below for the Parish Council’s submitted objections. You can also register to give your views in person when the Plan comes before the independent examiner.
Parish Council’s Objections to Proposed Gypsy and Traveller site
The question and answer presentation from LDC planning officers can be found here:
Update – Responses to questions from the public asked at the meeting on the 9th October below:-
Lewes District Council has now published its Local Plan Part 2 for consultation. The Plan includes the proposal for a permanent site of five pitches for travellers and gypsies in Plumpton Green.
The consultation documents can be viewed on the LDC consultation page at planningpolicyconsult.lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk. Paper copies can be read at the District Council Offices at Southover House, Southover Road, Lewes BN7 1AB, and at all local libraries, including Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Saltdean and Uckfield.
Background documents to this consultation and details of earlier consultations can be found on our Local Plan Part 2 webpage at https://www.lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk/planning-policy/lewes-local-plan-part-2-site-allocations-and-development-management-policies/
The consultation runs from 24 September to midnight on 5 November 2018.
If residents wish to comment on the proposed site, they should do so via the consultation website,by email email@example.com ; or in writing to LDC. You can also register to give your views in person when the Plan comes before the independent examiner.
If you have any further questions, please email the parish clerk firstname.lastname@example.org or contact LDC
Plumpton Plastic Challenge
We’ve just completed the Pavilion refurbishment, which has given us a substantial upgrade of the facilities.
The refurbishment was part-funded by a LEADER grant from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (£49k), and the remainder from our New Pavilion Fund (£28k) and the Parish Council (£7.5k).
With many thanks to Des Lambert, who helped us navigate the grant application process, and to parish councillor Emma Elford, who led renovation programme, got the grants, liaised with everyone involved.
The refurbishment has included:
- removal of the old kitchen to open up the space
- re-positioning of a new kitchen and utility room into the old committee room
- recovering of the floor throughout
- reconfiguring of the changing rooms
- increased storage facilities
- substantial replacing of rotten timbers throughout the infrastructure
- replacement of multiple doors
- replacement of window glass
- part installation of new composite cladding and sofits
- substantial re-plastering work throughout
- roof repair.
Steve Bodsworth was the contractor. We owe him many thanks for doing a fantastic job to a very high standard and completing on time.
As with all building jobs, we found some unexpected problems along the way that Steve responded to quickly, which allowed us to keep on schedule.
Now the work is complete, it has highlighted other parts of the facility that are looking a bit tired. Plumpton Parish Council will be costing further work to maintain this valued facility within a long-term preventative maintenance programme. We’ll provide further details in due course, later this year.
World War 1 Centenary Event – see left for more information
Agenda for Finance Committee Meeting on 13 November
Agenda for Parish Council Meeting on 13 November
Agenda for King George V Playing Field and Pavilion Committee meeting on 7 November
Reminder that the consultation period for the LDC Local Plan Part2 ends on 5th November.
Minutes from Parish Council meeting on 9 October
Minutes from Finance Committee meeting on 9 October
Minutes from King George V Playing Field and Pavilion Committee meeting on 26 September
Q & A Document from Lewes District Council Planning Officers presentation on 9th October
Minutes from Planning Committee meeting on 9 October