Plumpton Parish Council
Our Parish Council, consisting of nine elected members, has the responsibilty to ensure that all Parishioners have a 'voice' in the public forum on subjects both 'great and small' which effect them individualy or the Village as a whole.
Parish Council Meeting on 11 March
Item 7 – Finance Minutes and report
Item 8.1 – draft revised terms and conditions of hire for VH. Sue Lindsey from LDC Environmental Health will attend the Meeting to answer any questions re licence regulations
Item 8.2 – a report will follow the working group meeting on 5/3/14. Please see attached letter from representatives of Glenbeigh Developments re the ‘Westgate’ site.
The inaugural Neighbourhood Planning meeting took place recently and has sparked lots of ideas on how to take this important process forward. Keep an eye open for updates as we progress and watch out for events in the village where you will be able to have your say on how you want Plumpton to look over the next 15 years.
DON’T JUST SIT BACK – TAKE PART.
If you want more information contact Paul Nicholson on 01273 891725 or email@example.com
Information relating to the Neighbourhood Plan can be found on the Neighbourhood Plan website
UK Power Networks: Severe Weather Preparations
Contacting UK Power Networks
To report any power cuts and damaged lines on free helplines, please call 0800 783 8866 or 01243 50 8866 for mobile users
You can also see www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk and follow the company on twitter for updates.
Preparing for a power cut
- Below is some advice on how our customers can prepare for a power cut:
- Keep our freephone number handy
- See the website for some useful videos offering you advice during a power cut.
- Keep spare batteries for radios and torches – local radio stations often broadcast helpful information
- Keep an old-fashioned corded phone which you can plug in, as cordless phones won’t work in the event of a power cut
- Dress warmly in several layers of clothing, stay in one room or even get into bed
- Take care if using candles, tea-lights and other naked flames
- Keep fridges and freezers closed, with a blanket over as they will stay cold for many hours
- Switch off all your electrical equipment, except one light which will let you know when the power comes back on
- Remember the street lights may also be off so take care if you go out
- Look out for elderly neighbours; please consider taking them a flask of hot water round or hot food
Small Grants Applications Wanted
Each year the Parish Council has funds available to provide small grants to local organisations. For example last year funds were given to Honeybees Preschool for a new sand and water table.
The application form below should be returned to the Parish Clerk together with financial information such as a copy of the group’s most recent accounts. If you would like more information about these grants or how to apply, contact the Parish Clerk.
Petition from Honeybees
BBC1 Looking for Home Swap Volunteers
See What ESCC Have to Say about Bringing High-speed Broadband to East Sussex
Rural Services Network
News from the Rural Services Network can be found here
Battle of Lewes
Information on preparations for celebrating the Battle of Lewes can be found on the VAP Website:
Petition from Honeybees
Agendafor Parish Council Meeting on 11 March
Agendafor Finance Committee Meeting on 11 March
Agendafor NPC meeting on 10 March
Minutesfrom Finance Committee Meeting on 11 February
Minutesfrom SLR Meeting on 18 October 2013
Agendafor meeting held on 26 February - many apologies for putting this up too late!
Minutesfrom Parish Council Meeting on 11 February
Minutesfrom King George V Playing Field and Pavilion Committe Meeting on 12 February
Minutesfrom Village Hall Committee Meeting on 3 February
Minutesfrom Planning Committee Meeting on 6 February
Agendafor Parish Council Meeting on 11 February
Agendafor Finance Committee meeting on 11 February
Agendafor NPC meeting on 10 February
Agendafor Playing Field and Pavilion Committee Meeting on 12 February
Minutesfrom Parish Council Meeting on 14 January
Send an email to the Webmaster if you would like to receive an email every time this website is updated.